HIT09 has gained a meaningful expertise and proven track-records in the aerospace sector, thanks to well established collaborations with some of the major aeronautical players in Europe.
Specific applications include:
- External aerodynamics over complex airplanes and helicopters fuselages;
- Analysis of internal flows (intakes, ducts, pipes);
- Multi-purpose shape optimization of aircraft components;
- Simulation and optimization of engine installation;
- Fluid-structure interaction;
- Multi-objective Helicopter rotor blade optimization;
- Simulation of store separation;
- Analysis, simulation and optimization of aero engines, including pollutant and noise emissions;
- Optimization of aircraft trajectories for minimum perceived noise, minimum fuel consumption and minimum pollutant emissions;
- Morphing surfaces;
- Analysis and post-processing of wind tunnel data;
- Design and manufacturing of test structures and test benches / technical demonstrators.